September 6, 2018 at 3:37 pmmspranavmnSubscriber
I am a newbie and am trying to learn the Actuator disk model (ADM) and Actuator line model (ALM) for the wind turbine.
I started learning about actuator line modes and wanted to know how to design an actuator line in CFX.
If someone can suggest papers or a tutorial of some kind it would be really helpful. I designed an actuator disk based on the thrust criteria and the porosity and momentum deficit.
Basically, my questions are as follows,
1. How can you create multiple continuous lines that are made up of discrete elements or segments?
2. How do I define properties such as chord length, twist angle and airfoil type to each element?
3. Is there a tutorial or a paper on designing and meshing of the domain for Actuator line model?
4. Each airfoil type has a corresponding look-up table with lift and drag coefficients as a function of the angle of attack, how do I add those in the CFX-pre. I tried using the pointe source technique but it does not allow me to add momentum source properties.
5. How to implement them in ANSYS CFX?
Any or all help is very well appreciated,
Thank you all.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.