Fluids

Fluids

Adding a function to Output variables in Fluent

• vsjay3
      Subscriber
      Hi All,nI know you can define functions in Fluent for varying input properties such as density variation across a solid. But is there a way I can define a function to control the output variable resulting from a Fluent simulation?nFor example, say if I simulate the heating of a solid at a certain temperature, the resulting output temperature of the solid at the end of the process will be shown as T. But what if I wanted to define a function to take the output temperature of fluent which is T and further vary it for example T(x) = 2T + 3, and then finally output T(x) as the final output temperature?nBasically I want to know if I can define a function in Fluent that could obtain the general output value, modify it by the function and then finally output the new modified value.nThank you!n
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nWhat I would suggest is to create a report definition at the outlet to calculate temperature and then use that value to create an expression. This expression can then be introduced into the outlet temperature field and continue the simulation run to find the new modified value. You can create a journal for this, if you will in future run this sequence of operations. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.