Fluids

Fluids

adding fluid into the system crash the ansys

• lancer
      Subscriber

hello, I'm running a simulation where involving fluid into the system, when I try to add methane and carbon monoxide, the ansys crash and force shut down

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please can you explain how you're adding these materials? Ie multiphase, multispecies etc. 

• lancer
      Subscriber

I'm turn on Energy, Viscosity to Laminar , Species Transport to Species Transport (Volumetric) and SOFC with unresolved electrolyte addon module.

In SOFC, there is a mixture I can add fluid into through the material option. I add Methane , CO and CO2. and Go to the mixture > Names> add the fluid and put N2 as last species. Then, the system crash once I try to apply

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

OK, so you’re using a fuel cell module? That’s more likely to be causing your crash if used incorrectly. Don't you need O2 in the system?

• lancer
      Subscriber

Yes fuel cell module

I already add O2 in the system.

The mixture contain H2, H2O, O2, CO , CO2 and CH4. Everything is fine until I put CH4. Why is that?

• lancer
      Subscriber

I mean H2, H2O, O2, CO, CO2, N2 , and CH4. When I put CH4 as last species, it didn't crash but when I put above N2, it crash. I don't even use N2 actual

• lancer
      Subscriber

===================================================================================
      =   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
      =   RANK 0 PID 20192 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN
      =   EXIT STATUS: -1 (ffffffff)
      ===================================================================================

=   RANK 1 PID 19612 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 2 PID 13932 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 3 PID 20180 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 4 PID 18032 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 5 PID 13060 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 6 PID 652 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 7 PID 18072 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN
      =   EXIT STATUS: -1073740940 (c0000374)

=   RANK 8 PID 10520 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 9 PID 18860 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 10 PID 15964 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN

=   RANK 11 PID 14572 RUNNING AT DESKTOP-VRRHICN
       The fl process could not be started.

I tried using standalone fluent, this happen
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

So it's more likely linked to the SOFC module than the species, or the species conflict with the module. 

• lancer
        Subscriber

I saw other paper using it. I don't know how.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You may want to check the manual and tutorials then. It's not an easy function to use without some reading.

A colleagues comment was to make sure you patch or initialise with species in the correct locations. If you rely on hybrid or initialise based on an inlet the solver may struggle. 

• lancer
      Subscriber

I can't even intialise the simulation because once I try adding methane, the software closed me down

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.