Materials

Materials

Adding Material Library

• Pavel Novak
      Subscriber

Hi, I am using Ansys Discovery 2022 R2 with student's licence and I have only a few materials in the library. I woud like to have materials like carbon fiber composite. What is the best way to get it? Can I add this for example? https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/IWGettingStarted/files/Install/IWGettingStarted-Install-ToInstallAutodeskMaterialLibraries-html-html.html

• bhagwantP
      Ansys Employee

Hello Pavel Novak,

you might be doing modelling in Discovery and some sort of analyis post that. You can add such materials with there properties (which you should aware prior to input over there)  into enginerring data.

If you are doing composite material analysis then you may employ ACP pre-post.

Thanks

• Pavel Novak
      Subscriber

I'm sorry, but I didn't fully understand your answer. I don't create models in Discovery, but import them from Fusion 360.

• bhagwantP
      Ansys Employee

Hello Pavel Novak,

Thanks for your response. Anyways it doesn't matter if you importing model into discovery or natively building over there in discovery itself. Is there any specific reason due to which you are willing to assign materials in discovery itself?  Material assignment we do in enginerring data tab. 

Thanks

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee

Hi, you can find more information in this webinar: https://www.ansys.com/webinars/materials-data-with-ansys-discovery

A good solution is to look into Granta softwares (EduPack for teaching, Selector for Research/Industry) containing several material databases and specific subsets + export functions for simulations.

Cheers

Davd

• bhagwantP
      Ansys Employee

Thanks David for the add on information.

• Pavel Novak
      Subscriber

Can you please help me again? I open Workbench, import my model, but then it is showing me only geometry in project schematic. How can I add material? 

I would prefer adding material in Discovery to do it all in one program. Anyway in Workbench is the material I want.

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.