October 12, 2023 at 2:26 amCathy JiangSubscriber
I am working on thesis about a thermal expansion simulation for a 5 layers body, each layer has its own geometry which can be numbered from 1 to 5, started from top.
I am using static structural in Workbench and CZM for contact debonding between 3 & 4 interface.
- The CZM material has a reliable resource.
- Contact type is Bonded
- Both pure penalty and Augmented Lagrange Formulation has been tried.
- Serval Meshing size has been tried whatever is small or big
The expected results in 5x is shown below in first picture, which has a adhesion between the edge during the debonding.
Picture below is my result which didn't show any adhesion of the edge during the expansion.
Any recommandation to solve this problem? I believe is the error brings by boundary consition setting but I couldn't find it.
October 16, 2023 at 2:31 pmAshish KhemkaForum Moderator
Can you try sharing the topology?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.