July 6, 2022 at 2:47 amvenkatasatyasaidharmateja.paladuguSubscriber
I am trying to visualize the vertical mode coupling between Silicon and Lithium Niobate waveguide. Using FDE solver, I am able to see correct modes at selected cross sections. However, if I try to use propagate in FDE or FDTD solver, I am seeing a drop in E magnitude along the length of Silicon but no significant increase in E magnitude along Lithium Niobate waveguide. Can someone please help me with this?
Below result is FDTD 1D monitor (along length) through center of Si (Blue) and Lithium Niobate (Green) waveguides.
July 6, 2022 at 8:50 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Without seeing the settings, I can only guess: please significantly increase the simulation time, reduce autsohutoff min, and make sure the PML is sufficiently thick, usually half wavelength. You can use a time monitor at the output end and make sure the signal decays completely when the simulation terminates.
- The topic ‘Adiabatic vertical coupling’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.