September 12, 2023 at 11:10 amAras karimiSubscriber
I am optimizing a geometry using Fluent's adjoint solver. I manually optimized the geometry several times in the adjoint solver (manually means that I did not use the gradient-based optimizer And after finishing each iteration of optimization, I did not click the initialize option of the adjoint solver). In this case, the residuals of the adjoint solver converge well, which is as shown in the following figure:
Because the optimization process is time-consuming and boring, I used the automatic optimization feature of this solver (Gradient Based Optimizer). But according to the figure below, the residuals do not converge well:
It seems to be auto-initialized after each optimization iteration is completed, which makes convergence very difficult. Is there a way to disable auto-initialization of the adjoint solver during optimization ?
Thanks in advance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.