Ansys Products

Ansys Products

AHD file not outputted when choosing ASCII hydro database

Tagged: 

• mj_ouyang
      Subscriber

This problem came together with the 2K bug. When choosing to output ASCII hydro database only, AHD file will not be outputted. When choosing to output example, however, it will be outputted. How can I deal with it?

• Mike Pettit
      Ansys Employee

Which version are you using? I've checked this in Release 2021 R1 (in an unpatched version - the Y2K problem should not affect the AH1 file generation). Referring to the Hydrodynamic Diffraction Analysis Settings:
      With only 'ASCII Hydrodynamic Database' option turned on, I get an output file ANALYSIS.AH1 which contains the actual hydrodynamic database.
      With 'ASCII Hydrodynamic Database' and 'Example of Hydrodynamic Database' both turned on, I get ANALYSIS.AH1 but this only contains the example text.
      With only 'Example of Hydrodynamic Database' turned on, I do not get ANALYSIS.AH1 created because the 'Example' option requires the 'ASCII' option.
      To clarify, the AHD file is different - it contains the panel centroid pressures at every frequency and direction pair in the Hydrodynamic Diffraction calculation. Use the 'Generate AHD Pressure Output' option if you want to create AHD files, where you will get a separate file Analysis_1.ahd, Analysis_2.ahd etc for each structure in your model.
      I hope this helps.
      Mike
    • mj_ouyang
      Subscriber
      Thanks ! I am sorry for my being ambiguous. I was too hasty to solve the problem and I was trying to output the AH1 file. And I just found that there is a structure with only morison element without panel model in the case, so the AH1 file is not outputted. Again, I am sorry for being careless. Thanks for your answer anyway.
    • Mike Pettit
      Ansys Employee
      no problem! I'm glad you got it sorted out anyway.
      Cheers, Mike
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.