Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Aim Crash with 2019 R1 update

Tagged: 

• philipvdm
      Subscriber
      My Discovery Aim crashes when opening. i have reinstalled 3 times without success or improvement. Please assist
    • Gaurav Sharma
      Subscriber

Hi Phil12345

Please provide the following information: 

At what stage do you encounter the crash? Does the crash happens instantaneously after opening AIM or while performing any particular operation?

Is it associated with a particular model or is generic?

Were you able to access Discovery AIM before or everytime you tried accessing it, you got the same problem?

Regards,

Gaurav

• philipvdm
      Subscriber

Hi Gaurav_ANSYS

It happens instantaneously on every AIM startup. My Discovery Live and Spaceclaim are fully operational. i tried transferring from Live to Aim but encountered the same problem. 

I did the update to 2019 R1, it worked for a few days then the error started. 

Please let me know if you require access to my PC.

Kind Regards

Philip 

• Gaurav Sharma
      Subscriber

Phil12345

Can you please try the following and see if it helps:

1. Clear the contents of temp folder (type %temp% in windows Taskbar to access temp folder)

2. Close all the open Discovery Applications and go to the following appdata folder (C:Users****AppDataRoamingAnsys) and rename the folder v193 to v193.old)

3. Try updating the your graphics driver by visiting http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Kindly let me know if this helps or not.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav

• philipvdm
        Subscriber

Gaurav_ANSYS I have tried this without success. is there a way to revoke all Ansys files from my PC and do a clean install?

• Gaurav Sharma
        Subscriber

Phil12345 

I am not sure how did you try reinstallation earlier. But the right way is to first uninstall the program by running the "Uninstall" application file as administrator. This file is kept in the installation directory at following location:

This would remove 2019R1 products completely. Now you can go for a reinstallation (as suggested, please run the installer with administrator rights). I would request you to please give it a try and lets see if it helps. 

• b.kofler
      Subscriber

I have encountered the same or similar problem, maybe caused by a Win10 Update and the following computer restart at 13.02.2019. 

I had installed 2019 R1 TRIAL for about 7 days.

The error happens to me in two ways: 

1) opening projects from before 13.02.2019 results in many errors, project seems to be corrupted. First error message is "eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche format", which means something like "input type has wrong format" and is accordinge to my google search a really general error message

2) Creating a new project this thermal template. After the guided wizard is accomplished, the first save attempt launches again the same error. That project file is then also corrupted like in 1) .

I tried to uninstall install AIM and license manager two times. Now I messed up with the licence server. I had still 23 days of the trails period, but now I'm not even able to start AIM "No servers provided. ANSYSLI_SERVERS: FLEXlm Servers:"

There are no paths to the licence server as I understood, but wanting to run only the last 23 days of the TRIAL I don't have any licence file, which I can insert as path. During first installation my ANSYS account was enough to setup the TRIAL version.

• Gaurav Sharma
        Subscriber

Bernhard Kofler 

Can you please try the suggestions provided in this post. I hope this should help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav

• b.kofler
      Subscriber

Gaurav_ANSYS

I could resolve the problem. Did tried to follow a lot of troublshooting posts. At the end it seems that CMD line execution of ansysls_client -DeactivateAllEntitlements helped to freeze out the blocked TRIAL license. Then i could again Login an now AIM is working :-)

Thanks

Bernhard

• keith
      Subscriber

I am experiencing the problem where Aim 2019R1 crashes on startup and gives the Framework error caught message. Discovery Live and Spaceclaim 2019R1 work perfectly. I have tried the suggestions provided in this post but nothing has resolved the issue. I have resorted to installing 19.2 as this works. Can anyone tell me what worked for them?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.