Ansys Products

Ansys Products

AIM crush

• AeroX
      Subscriber

Hello to everyone,I've recently installed AIM on another computer.
      In despite of the setting process going well,I can't run AIM when I'have to work with it.
      The crushing error says that the workbench has stopped to work and after that Windows 10 automatic activity managment suggests me to stop the process,I don't really know if it's linked to some predefinited settings or to some errors during the installation,but I've tried anything on my own but I can't get out of it.

Can you help me?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Please elaborate more on the problem by telling us the specifications of your machine (OS, Graphic Card,..), the release you are trying to work with as well as a screenshot of the error message in AIM. Moreover can you check the installation log files and identify any error messages?

I will move this question to the installation and licensing thread.

• AeroX
      Subscriber

Thank you very much!

I'm tryng to run AIM 19.1,during the installation there were no errors relevated and all the pre-requisites were ok.

Im' leaving the information you need below,the screenshot are in italian,if you need me to translate it just let me know

Best regards

Graphic Card:ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics,1916 MB

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi AeroX,

Two most common issues that we have seen are:

1. The use of untested/supported graphics card. Please refer to this thread https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/what-graphics-card-to-use-on-a-laptop/

You can try updating graphics driver of your current card but it's unlikely to help (if graphics card is the issue). Please check the latest driver from AMD website https://www.amd.com/en/support

2. The use of non-English alphabets in Username and Computer name. I can help you check this if you can launch CMD Prompt then type 'set' (without quote ' ') and put the screenshots in your response here.

Thank you,

Win

• AeroX
      Subscriber

Thank you,this is the screenshot of CMD

Best Regards

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi AeroX,

Thank you for the screenshot. It seems everything is using English language. That's good.

Now it's likely to be the graphics issue. Sometimes, when software crash like this, you can find more information in Windows Event Viewer 

Custom Views > Administrative Events

Windows Logs > Application

Look for the events that associated with ANSYS (you can compare the time of occurrence)

Thank you,

Win

• AeroX
      Subscriber

It seems that there are many errors but I don't understand to what they are linked:

AnsysFWW.exe

5aca6014

ucrtbase.dll

c0000409

0000000000065a0e

16ac

01d43e5ca5c1c398

C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv191FrameworkbinWin64AnsysFWW.exe

C:WindowsSYSTEM32ucrtbase.dll

ba429581-3994-45ef-a6a9-9b0b41409fc0

Can you help me?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi AeroX,

I've never personally seen issue with ucrtbase.dll , is this the only event that you see in the Event Viewer when the software crash ? Do you see any other event complaining about different dll's ?

With quick google search about that dll , it seems the issue might have something to do with Windows update

(e.g., https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/windows-10-update-1709-16299-19-inventor-2017-crash-when-open/td-p/7484704 

You can try like what mentioned there; however, for ANSYS software, I would recommend to just check any pending Windows update and make sure you install all of them. 

Also, go to this directory C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv191prereq , then run every executable one-by-one with 'run as administrator' .

Thank you,

Win

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi AeroX,

URCTBASE.dll is a dll that is associated with the VC++ redistributable.
      Please use the ProductConfig utility to verify you have all of the Prerequisites installed on your machine.

Start -> Ansys xxx -> Utilities -> Product & CAD Configuration Manager
      Click on "Check For required Prerequisites"

Thank you,
      Jake

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.