Fluids

Fluids

Air- liquid interaction

• Elhussien
      Subscriber

Hi, I work on the interaction of fluid to fluid interaction and wants to model a stagnant liquid drop settled on a solid surface. But a couldn't model this by the direct modeling of VOF or Eulerian model.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please elaborate on what kind of fluid-fluid interaction you are trying to model? What type of fluids are you talking about? Are they immiscible?

If you are looking for an interaction between a liquid drop (say water) on a solid surface and the surrounding air, you can use VOF approach for this example.

Please refer to section 17.2 Choosing a General Multiphase Model (Fluent Theory Guide, R18.2) to understand which models you can use for your application.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Elhussien
      Subscriber

Yes, I want to model the interaction between liquid droplets and plane air jet... but I couldn't model the stagnant drop.

could you put the direct link of the section "17.2"

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

What issues did you face in your modeling effort? Please elaborate and somebody on the community might be able to help you.  Please attach some screenshots and explain your physical model.

About the theory guide, you should be able to search for it online.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Elhussien
      Subscriber

Hi, The VOF model ends up with the same assumption that the droplet still has it's spherical shape. physically it should flattened and shows the wettability phenomena.   

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Could you please elaborate your physical model? What boundary conditions are you using? Please provide some screenshots of your Fluent interface. This would help us understand the model better.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

I have moved your new question to a new location here: https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/vof-model-of-a-spherical-drop-on-a-plate/

I have done this make your question more visible.

Best,

Karthik

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.