February 17, 2022 at 12:31 pmenergzorSubscriber
Hello everyone. I'm trying to simulate falling ball hitting the water in ALE. All required conditions are set, I guess. But why when I look animation of simulation, water is not deforming and is not pushed up by compression. What could be the problem? I also attached WB project (open 4th project named "Material Keywords"). Thanks in advance.February 23, 2022 at 12:07 amJim DayAnsys EmployeeYou're observing a fundamental property of ALE, that is, the mesh doesn't move. Rather, the material moves within the mesh. In LS-PrePost, you can observe the ALE material by reading in the d3plot data and then clicking
February 24, 2022 at 5:24 amenergzorSubscriberHello, jday.
I tried this earlier but can choose only solid elements. No ale(fluid) parts exist. How could I solve it through workbench? CanÔÇÖt create *SET_PART with keyword manager too.
I am trying to create model only by using ls-dyna in workbench.
February 24, 2022 at 3:08 pmJim DayAnsys EmployeeI sorry but I can't help you from a WB standpoint. Perhaps some WB-savvy reader will chime in.
Example models (LS-DYNA keyword input files) may be found by Googling "ALE example LS-DYNA".
April 18, 2022 at 7:33 pmRam GopisettiAnsys Employee, unfortunatly, we ansys staff cannot download the files attached, but lets check wether you did the following steps
1) define ALE DOMAIN and FILL in the geoementry
2) define the overall ambient either by vacumm or air
3) define ALE mesh (gen cart mesh )
4) Define proper lekage contols in analysis settings
currently, we dont support any set cards
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- Explicit dynamic modeling of machining process coupled with thermal
- Pressure on line body in explicit dynamics
Top Rated Tags