LS Dyna

LS Dyna

ALE: Ball falling into water. Result of calculation doesn’t show deformation of mesh.

• energzor
      Subscriber

Hello everyone. I'm trying to simulate falling ball hitting the water in ALE. All required conditions are set, I guess. But why when I look animation of simulation, water is not deforming and is not pushed up by compression. What could be the problem? I also attached WB project (open 4th project named "Material Keywords"). Thanks in advance.

• Jim Day
      Ansys Employee
      You're observing a fundamental property of ALE, that is, the mesh doesn't move. Rather, the material moves within the mesh. In LS-PrePost, you can observe the ALE material by reading in the d3plot data and then clicking
      Model>SelPart>Fluid(ALE)

• energzor
      Subscriber
      Hello, jday.
      I tried this earlier but can choose only solid elements. No ale(fluid) parts exist. How could I solve it through workbench? CanÔÇÖt create *SET_PART with keyword manager too.
      I am trying to create model only by using ls-dyna in workbench.
    • Jim Day
      Ansys Employee
      I sorry but I can't help you from a WB standpoint. Perhaps some WB-savvy reader will chime in.
      Example models (LS-DYNA keyword input files) may be found by Googling "ALE example LS-DYNA".
    • Ram Gopisetti
      Ansys Employee
      , unfortunatly, we ansys staff cannot download the files attached, but lets check wether you did the following steps
      1) define ALE DOMAIN and FILL in the geoementry
      2) define the overall ambient either by vacumm or air
      3) define ALE mesh (gen cart mesh )
      4) Define proper lekage contols in analysis settings
      currently, we dont support any set cards
      cheers, Ram
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.