General Mechanical

General Mechanical

align faces even after deformation

• Talal
      Subscriber

I have 4 faces of a geometry that are on the same plane to whom i apply a force. i would like to force these faces to remain in the same plane, as if i applied a displacement to them, even after deformation.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

1) You could apply the Displacement and add a Probe > Force Reaction to the Solution to know what force caused that displacement.

2) If you want to allow the four faces to remain planar, but also allow that plane the freedom to rotate out of its initial plane, then you want a Remote Force with the Behavior set to Rigid.

3) You can do the same as 2) with a Remote Displacement, like 1) but you get to control each of the individual six DOFs.

• Talal
      Subscriber

Thank you for your answer.

About the first option, imposing a displacement isn't possible due to the nature of my problem unfortunately.

I am not fully understanding how i should use remote force. Just to be sure here is a picture of my problem before and after:

" alt="" width="501" height="91">

Basically the 4 faces at the top are where the force is applied and i would like the keep them straight, as if i imposed a displacement, but they bend. But I really can't impose a displacement. so how should i work withe remote displacement or remote force to solve this. I am not understanding how these 2 options work.

PS: i would to ask you too if possible about Force. If i select multiple faces, and input 1000N, would 1000N be applied to every face or would it be distributed?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Click Remote Force or Displacement, click the 4 faces to Apply, change the Behavior to Rigid.

PS: Force is distributed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.