October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys Employee
Will alpha or beta damping be available in Explicit Dynamics system?
October 17, 2017 at 10:01 amcbhavsarAnsys Employee
Alpha or Beta damping is used to provide an energy-dissipation mechanism to dynamic loads in linear elastic analysis without accounting for the nonlinear material behavior. Explicit Dynamics and Autodyn Component systems are nonlinear analysis program and take nonlinear material behavior into account automatically. Thus it doesn't need to use Alpha or Beta damping to dissipate the external energy. User just adds the material nonlinearity such as plasticity, failure, or damage directly to the materials in Engineering Data. By doing this, the nonlinear material deformation will absorb the energy from external loading and thus it doesn't need to use alpha or beta damping.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Explicit dynamic modeling of machining process coupled with thermal