August 8, 2018 at 9:32 ammaestroSubscriber
I am currently working on a project, and prefer the old Geometry/CAD part of Ansys used in previous versions, compared to the new SpaceClaim. So, I have 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to somehow still use the old CAD instead of SpaceClaim for Version 19.0 or 19.1?
2. IF I use 18.2, will I be able to use the software after the license expires or does it stop completely?
August 8, 2018 at 10:25 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Yes, you should be able, all new versions would be backward compatible but not the other way around.
You can also open them in DesignModeler. When you right-click on geometry you would have the option to open it both in SpaceClaim or Design Modeler.
When your license expires, I don't expect that version of the CAD program to work either.
August 8, 2018 at 10:27 ammaestroSubscriber
Thanks for the reply Sandeep! I guess I was just too tired to even think of right-clicking on geometry!!..
Have a nice day
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.