November 20, 2018 at 3:35 pmphilaramaSubscriber
I have a completed transmission line design created in Altium Designer 18 which I want to simulate in HFSS. Exporting from Altium as a .anf file allows me to import into the Electronics Desktop with all my layer information, dielectric constants etc intact. However, i can't figure out how to simulate in HFSS as Modeller / Import does not accept .anf files.
I can export from Altium as .dxf but then I lose all my layer / materials information.
If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be grateful.
November 20, 2018 at 5:49 pmslouieAnsys Employee
Best way to bring Altium files into HFSS and preserve padstack definitions, net names, layer thickness and material properties, etc. is to use ODB++ export from Altium. Then in Electronics Desktop, use menu item File>>Import>>ODB++ to bring it into HFSS.
November 20, 2018 at 6:04 pmphilaramaSubscriber
Thanks slouie - I tried this a couple of hours ago and found all the materials had become vacuum. I will try it again. Cheers.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.