July 18, 2018 at 11:57 pmKellen.traxelSubscriber
What is the most efficient way to model the laser heat source moving across my symmetric, 3D, single-layer track? I have read about using commands in APDL, however, it is not clear how I can manipulate a nodal (or volume) heat source as a function of the simulation time and position. In the image above, I was able to model a nodal heat source at the starting location (t=0) using APDL commands in the "Transient Thermal" section of my model tree. Ultimately, my question is about the relation between the APDL commands in workbench (and their location in the model tree) and the actual simulation time, and how they could be combined using a DOWHILE loop of some sort so that the local laser coordinates can translate with respect to the overall model domain. I currently do not have access to the ACT toolbox or AdditivePrint in my ANSYS Mechanical license.
Thanks in advance for any information or resources.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.