Fluids

Fluids

Amin_1371

• ahadizad
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am tryin to run my job on a cluster outside my institute and I am unable to access the license server inside my institute.

The cluster support team needs my vendor port for further help and I cannot find one. I search in the forums and found out that I should add one myself to the ansyslmd file and I did. But the problem still persist.

How can I find the vendor port? Is this required for Ansys license manager, 2021, version?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Does not make sense what the cluster support told you. Cluster admin should take care about that. I assume the resources you try to access do have valid licenses and so nothing is required on you side. If the just host hardware and you need to bring your software and license then bit complicated.
    • ahadizad
      Subscriber
      Hello DrAmine That's what our IT told us but the Niagara support team still persists in getting the vendor port to let us through their firewall.
      This is what I am using to address our license server:\
      module use /scinet/niagara/software/commercial/modules
      module load ansys/2020r2
      ssh nia-gw -fNL 1055:uc4053-******.*****.**:1055
      export ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE=1055@localhost
      fluent 3ddp -t$SLURM_NTASKS -g -i testsys2.flin

is there anything wrong with these commands?
      We use them for other clusters and it works just fine.
      Thanks.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Localhost is wrong it should point to the machine the license has been created for
    • ahadizad
      Subscriber
      I changed it to the same machine address and the following error emerged:

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:Failover feature 'CFD Solver - Level 2' specified in license preferences is not available.
      Request name cfd_solve_level2 does not exist in the licensing pool.
      User/host not on INCLUDE list for feature.
      Feature:cfd_solve_level2
      License path::
      FlexNet Licensing error:

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      You are not included in the user's list. System admin should look into any options file.
    • ahadizad
      Subscriber
      I am using the current license on other clusters smoothly.
      Is this a problem with this specific cluster? and by admin, you mean the cluster's?
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Cluster machines should be able to communicate with license machine and you as user should be apt to use it. If you say that you did use the same license machine on other cluster tell the cluster it team to figure out what is going on the same on the license machine there to check server diagnostics.

Please edit your posts to hide all sensitive information.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.