November 19, 2023 at 5:46 am
November 21, 2023 at 8:26 amNiki PapachristouAnsys Employee
Thank you for contacting us,
In FTDT you could introduce a mode expansion monitor (Using and understanding Mode Expansion Monitors) and ports (Ports (FDTD) - Simulation Object) at the positions of your interest for both the amplitude and the phase. From this point you can extract the phase, which is connected with S-parameters, as well as with field component and mode. So taking advantage of S-parameters of FTDT you can use angle script command ( angle - Script command) to get the phase. The same case with S-parameters applies on EME solver by using ports.
A simple example how you can use the S-parameters is quoted below:
?phase*180/pi; #in deg
You could also get the phase by using a frequency-domain monitor (Frequency-domain Profile and Power monitor - Simulation object) of an individual E component. However, special care should be taken as getting the phase from a frequency monitor it depends on the position on the monitor.
I hope that was helpful, let me know if I can be of further assistance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.