General Mechanical

General Mechanical

An unknow error ocurred during solution, simulation FWS

• Luis Enrique
      Subscriber

Hi! I've tried to simulate a friction stir welding process on ansys workbench 17, 

My computer has a i7 7700 HQ, 64 gb ram, but the messeage "an unknow error ocurred during solution" apeared constantly. I already check all APDL codes and the analysis settings. It could be the sub steps i defined in analysis settings? Or the Apdl?

I use a SOLID 226 element in all the geometry, also the contact and target surface was defined in the conecctions window, this area of contact was defined witch these the apdl codes, the contact between plates.

keyopt,cid,1,1        
      keyopt,cid,4,3
      rmodif,tid,14,2e06
      rmodif,tid,35,1000

Also the frictional contact between the shoulder and the surface plates was defined like,

keyopt,cid,1,1          
      keyopt,cid,5,3
      keyopt,cid,9,1
      keyopt,cid,10,2
      rmodif,cid,9,500e6
      rmodif,cid,14,10
      rmodif,cid,15,1
      rmodif,cid,18,0.95

I hope someone could help me                                                                                                       
    • Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee

Hi Luis,

Click on Solution Information, go to Solution Output. In this window use ctrl+F and search "error" / "warning" for detailed messages. It may help to pint at correct section of the code where APDL is failing.

Regards

rahul

• dinhan0394
      Subscriber

I think you should modify your code.

rmodif,tid,14,2e06

rmodif,tid,35,1000  

to:

rmodif,cid,14,2e6

rmodif,cid,35,1000

• SteBir
      Subscriber

Hi you can find an extremely helpful tutorial on Youtube, which reveals the full set-up in Ansys Workbench

This helped me a lot

best regards

Ste

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.