August 30, 2018 at 5:08 pmLuis EnriqueSubscriber
Hi! I've tried to simulate a friction stir welding process on ansys workbench 17,
My computer has a i7 7700 HQ, 64 gb ram, but the messeage "an unknow error ocurred during solution" apeared constantly. I already check all APDL codes and the analysis settings. It could be the sub steps i defined in analysis settings? Or the Apdl?
I use a SOLID 226 element in all the geometry, also the contact and target surface was defined in the conecctions window, this area of contact was defined witch these the apdl codes, the contact between plates.
Also the frictional contact between the shoulder and the surface plates was defined like,
I hope someone could help me
August 31, 2018 at 4:09 am
August 31, 2018 at 1:51 pmdinhan0394Subscriber
I think you should modify your code.
July 8, 2020 at 8:03 amSteBirSubscriber
Hi you can find an extremely helpful tutorial on Youtube, which reveals the full set-up in Ansys Workbench
This helped me a lot
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.