Ansys Products

Ansys Products

An unknown error occurred during solution.

• Jerin
      Subscriber
      Hi,   I was running a simulation on ANSYS MECHANICAL PREMIUM and in the middle of the run i got an error "An unknown error occurred during solution.  Check the solver output." I checked the solver output and found there was neither any warning nor an error msg as shown in the attached image below. My solution didnt hand any bisection/divergence issue it was converging nicely as you can see in the attached image. I also got an error message something like "ANSYS SERVER LICENSE LOST" and for few minutes I was not able to access Mechanical.
    • dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hello Jerin,

Are you using the ANSYS Student package?

If not, are you pointing to a remote license server from your machine? In that case it could be a network interruption issue. Do you see this error often?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

In Workbench, click Tools -> License Preferences , then post screenshots of all 4 tabs in that window.

• Jerin
      Subscriber

Hi dsunder,

I am not using the student version of the license. Yes I am running it remotely and now a days I am seeing it more often and unfortunately after this error i lose all of my run data. And sometime if I try to re run  the same model it doesn't work until try to run it twice or thrice. 

• Jerin
      Subscriber

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hello Jerin,

Thank you for the details. Please edit the ansyslmd.ini file under C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing

ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_TCP=120

ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_CONNECT=60

ANSYSLI_FNP_IP_ENV=1

ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_FLEXLM=15

ANSYSLI_FLEXLM_TIMEOUT_ENV=10000000

Save the file and then try the solve again.

• Jerin
      Subscriber

Hi Sunder, Where shall i paste these commands??

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.