Subscriber

hello!

I want to analysis car radiator

so I modeled radiator wall, water , and elcosure like below

To prevent mix with air and water, i pull the pipe out to enclosure

In mesh, I made contact region 

radiator wall- water

radiator wall-enclosure(air)

In setup, I check energy, k-e realizable enhanced wall function.

in boundary conditions,  i put the velocity 3m/s in air inlet,

and in water inlet, i put the 3m/s, and  temperature 90c.

I checked convection radiator wall.

but it seems there is no heat exchange 

and It seems temperature is abnormally high.

in residual, the energy graph kept going up.

does anyone had these problems? 

Thank you

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

Have you created a fluid domain inside the enclosure that represents the fluid circuit inside the radiator? Did you make sure you don't have any solid parts in your mesh? I think the best way to see what is going wrong is by uploading your case in here and I will try to have a look for you.

Cheers

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Couple of quick thoughts about your case:

• Could you please share a screenshot of your computational mesh in both the water and air regions? Have you checked the quality? What is your first thickness of your boundary layer? What y+ value does this correspond to?

• Is there any specific region you are trying to have an interface in your model? You might want to take a look  into creating a conformal mesh. You should be able to do this automatically in WorkBench Meshing if you've enabled share topology in your CAD geometry.

• A cursory glance at your temperature contour seems to indicate that your model is not converged. Your residual comment supplements this. Please elaborate on your boundary conditions. Please share the relevant residual and monitor plots here with us.

• If you model set-up is right and if your mesh quality is acceptable, you might want to turn off the energy equation and solve just the flow field first. Once your flow field is converged, you can enable the energy equation to see if you are able to achieve convergence.

• You do not need to have a protruding inlet and outlet regions in your computational domain. These boundaries can be begin where your enclosure surface does. This will not impact the results your are getting. It is just a minor point in your case.

Please provide some more info regarding your model for us to help you here. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• AnzamanRiad10
      Subscriber

i have same problem with meshing. i created fluid domain too.But the mesh is not completing with default mesh setting

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.