General Mechanical

General Mechanical

analysis different 3d-faces with parametric thickness

• KnHw
      Subscriber

Hello

i try to simulate different faces with variable thickness. I tried to parameterize the face thickness in spaceclaim, but this function seems not to be scriptable. So for my shells it is not working. Then i tried to parameterize it in mechanical, wich is possible. My problem is, that wenn i change my geometry the mechanical editor losses the parametric thickness. I tried to have the mechanical model as a single workspace in the workbench, didn't solve the problem.

Is there any way, that mechanical editor is saving the thicknessparameter when the geometry changes?

Another solution i thought of, but wasn't able to get running:

Using two spaceclaim editor after each other. First generates the model by a script, second one change the generated shell by adding the thickness to namedspace faces. Because of the complexity of the geometry automated midsurface generation is not working and i have to make  parametric study so it is not possible to make it for every geometry by hand.

Thanks for your ideas.

Greatings

KnHw

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

DesignModeler is more predictable at passing parameterized geometry into Mechanical than SpaceClaim.

If the geometry changes in DM or SC are changes in shape only, and not topology, then the surface identification tag in Mechanical will not change and the thickness parameter assigned in Mechanical will not break.

If you can insert an image of your geometry, that would inform us on how to best help you.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
    • KnHw
      Subscriber

Hello thank you for your replies. https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/script-commands-for-facethickness/ this one helped me. But i got a further question. I will close this entry and go reply to the question in the link.

@peteroznewman i have to use the script funktion, thats why i used spaceclaim, but thank you for your hint If i should insert an image, to clearify my problem for other users I can do it if you want

Greatings

KnHw

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.