General Mechanical

General Mechanical

analysis result

• Hasan Ilker ÇELİKER
      Subscriber

Despite the values I entered, I can't get any results. What is my mistake?

• Hasan Ilker ÇELİKER
      Subscriber

we set the damage 
      temperature of the substrate surface to 100 ◦C. The assumptions and 
      strategies in the model included by: 
      (a) Based on the volume fraction, the fiber distribution is considered to be uniform, and the gap between the fiber and the resin matrix is ignored; 
      (b) The absorption rate of the laser on the model surface is constant and does not change with time; 
      (c) The heat released or absorbed from the paint decomposition and oxidation are ignored.

T(x, y,z, 0) = Tf 
      All faces of 3D workpiece model, except the top surfaces, are assigned to be the adiabatic boundary condition. 

∂T
      ∂n |left,right, front, back, bottom = 0

The heat loss on the upper surface of the workpiece is caused by 
      convection and radiation. 
      k
      ∂T
      ∂n

⃒top = h(T − Tf) + εσ(T4 − T4f) 
      h, ε, σ and Tf are heat transfer coefficient (10 W/(m2∙K)), the emissivity of the paint, Stefan-Boltzmann constant (5.67 × 10-8 W/m2∙K4),and surrounding temperature (20 ◦C), respectively. 

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee

Hello,
      What do you mean by "can't get any results"? Do you get an error when you click solve? If so, could you please share the error message(s) and the warning message(s)? We can get clues from the messages to understand what is going wrong.

• Hasan Ilker ÇELİKER
      Subscriber

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee

As the message suggests, please go to Solution > Solution Information > Solver Output. Search for "Warning" or "Error" keywords in the text and copy any relevant messages that might help us understand what is going wrong.

• Hasan Ilker ÇELİKER
      Subscriber

how can i fix this error. I looked at previous posts but no results.

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

This error could be due to insufficient disk space or due to an antivirus software that is placing a lock on a file that Ansys Mechanical is trying to write to. So please check if you have sufficient disk space on the drive where your solver working directory resides. Also, try disabling the antivirus software to see if that is the cause.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.