December 19, 2022 at 9:00 amMuranaka ChikaSubscriber
I want to do a multiphase flow analysis using the VOF method in CFX. So, I solved the CFX tutorial, chapter 9, free surface flow problem. But I don't know if this calculation is using VOF method. does anyone know what kind of calculation method is used for multiphase flow analysis in CFX and where it is clearly stated? I would really like to know. This may be a very elementary question. Thank you in advance.
December 19, 2022 at 10:36 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Yes that is bascically the Surface Capturing Method: Volume of Fluid Method in Ansys CFX. The theory guide does explain what behind "Free Surface" and "Homogenoues Model" is.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.