June 14, 2023 at 6:22 pmjgoogasiSubscriber
I am performing a standard FDTD simulation of an achiral plasmonic object on a glass substrate under circularly polarized light (CPL) to measure g-factor. Experimentally, the sample is rotated both along the injection axis (phi: 0º to 360º), and in-and-out of the plane (theta: -30º, 0º, and 30º). I know that for the sake of this simulation that the incident source angle (theta) and rotation (phi) are changing instead of the rotating the object.
I was thinking of using BFAST, but that method can only be used with one plane source and I am creating CPL by using two perpendicular plane wave sources. I am familiar with TFSF sources but this method runs into problems at non-normal incidence. Does anyone have any advice on how best to set up this simulation?
Thanks for your time and help!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.