July 27, 2018 at 11:45 amTokarZakSubscriber
Hi, is it possible to apply field of different power(which depend on position) of body heat generation in thermal transient or in thermal steady-state module in Ansys? Thanks a lot, Best regards. Zak
July 30, 2018 at 4:23 pmRobAnsys Employee
I'll move this to Mechanical area to see if there are more people looking in there.
July 30, 2018 at 5:17 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Hello, Please see this discussion and let us know if helps?
July 30, 2018 at 5:44 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Just to add, the ACT extension by itself might not be helpful and you would have to edit it. So your best bet is to use tables which define power as a function of time for ramping.
July 31, 2018 at 9:53 amRohith PatchigollaAnsys Employee
If you have the field data of body heat generation (x,y,z and heat generation values), you can use External Data (workflow shown below) to import the spatially varying heat generation data and map it on to the mesh in Mechanical (either Thermal steady-state or Thermal transient module).
Please go through this link in ANSYS help documentation for further reference on External Data.
Hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.