Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS 17.2 Download

• agoff59
      Subscriber

I am needing ANSYS 17.2 for a class and it is not on the "Prior Versions" list. I found an old community post that I downloaded the software, but I need a license for the software.

Should I download a completely new program of 17.2 or should I just get a license?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi agoff59,

I am assuming that you are talking about ANSYS Student version (free version) for v17.2.

If that is the case and if you still have the installation package (even if the license in there has expired), you can just use that package and try my workaround described in here

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/license-refresh-without-changing-the-version-of-ansys/?order=all#comment-a42e3ba1-6b6c-450a-ac59-a96f0107b975

to renew license.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Win

• agoff59
      Subscriber

Hey tsiriaks,

I am actually not sure if I have the free version for v17.2. I found the download on an older post in the Student Community and downloaded it there. I am not sure if I have done everything correct to run the v17.2. I ran the setup.exe and then the setupLM.exe and went to the ANSYS License Management Center and tried using the license given but am given this message:

Am I doing this all correctly?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi agoff59,

You can't use the license file from free student version to host on License Manager.

If you want to host a license on License Manager, you must have either (paid) academic teaching or research licenses. 

If you don't have a paid license and can't find the installation package of student version v17.2, I'd recommend to go for student version 18.2 instead.

Thanks,

Win

• ZINEDDINE
      Subscriber

hi everyone 

i am needing a new licence for ANSYS 17.2 Student anyone can help me??

Thank you

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

If you already have the product installed, you can update the license by following my instructions here

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/license-refresh-without-changing-the-version-of-ansys/?order=all#comment-a42e3ba1-6b6c-450a-ac59-a96f0107b975

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.