Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

ANSYS 17

• dogukankaya
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I'm Dogukan KAYA. I'm senior mechanical engineering student in Eskisehir Technical University. My graduation thesis about impact attenuator energy absorbsion analysis, and I am using ANSYS Workbench for this purpose. Normally I was using older versions of the ANSYS Workbench, new versions have some flaws and little bit complicated for a older user. So, can anyone help me with downloading ANSYS Workbench ver.17? I looked up on older relases but there are only 2019's versions are exists in there. 

Thank you,

Dogukan KAYA

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you're using University software they may be able to get older versions. The Student version availability is explained here  https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/how-can-i-get-hold-of-a-prior-release-of-the-ansys-student-products/   which will be 2020R1, and 2019R & R3 as the two older versions 

• dogukankaya
      Subscriber

I'm not using University software, I'm using the program in my personal computer. So, I cannot use the older versions? Just 2019 R2 and R3?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Yes, you will have 2019R2, 2019R3 and 2020R1. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• dogukankaya
      Subscriber

I dont want to use newest versions, they are lots of bugs and when I selected a face or body colors of selected face is looking bad colored (like meshed with colors). Older versions hadnt got that flaws. I cannot access to the University Software and also I cannot go to the university because of Covid-19, we are not allowed to enter the campus. Please, can anybody share ANSYS Workbench v17?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

2019R2, 2019R3 and 2020R1 area avaiable. 

request you to use these. if you face any issue on graphics, please create a new post. we will look into it. 

Regards,

Keyur

If this helps, please mark this post as 'Is Solution' to help others.

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.