August 30, 2019 at 5:21 amwoo3241Subscriber
i was exercising the ansys tutorial. and it's about rope pulling
the physics is simple. you can see in the picture, i want to pulling the end of rope to the x direction 300m, and i want the two joint just let it be alone, automatically rotate by the force of rope tention and i want to get maximum stress of the rope.
i am trying to mimicking the project but i have some problem.
the problem is that i cannot find 'mobile coordinate system' so when i solved the project the result was weird
static structural-> model-> connection-> joint-> body_ground-> revolute-> translational-> mobile coordinate system
i think the problem is mobile coordinate system. My ansys version is 18.1. the project tried at the ver 19.1r1, so i think maybe there is not mobile coordinate system at ver18.1.
i just want to apply the rope moving direction along the rope geometry
i just worried my ansys verision is lower so i cannot apply 'mobile coordinate system' and there is no way to substitute 'mobile coordinate system'.
Can i know settling this problem? Can i have another way to apply 'mobile coordinate system'?
Thanks for read my discussion
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.