Fluids

Fluids

ANSYS 18.2 Fluent Surface Monitors

• kgriffin13
      Subscriber

I have version 18.2 downloaded on my laptop and I'm having trouble adding a surface monitor, on older versions you double clicked "monitors" and the option to add a surface monitor came up in the "task page" but clicking on "monitors" in version 18.2 does not make anything come up in the "task page"

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Take a look at following for surface monitor option. 

• kgriffin13
      Subscriber

Thank you.

Continuing into the post processing and the results section I tried to create a chart with "X" as the X-axis and "YPlus" as the Y-axis but "YPlus" is not an available variable in the data selection as it was in older versions. How can I do this?

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Do you have plot data for Y+ from Fluent to import? If no then please get your Y+ plot in Fluent and export the file. Then explore CFD-Post options. 

• buidinhanh
      Subscriber

Thank u kgriffin13 and Mr. Vishal Ganore. I can't find some features of old version like File name and X axis in version 18.2. Please teach me. 

• Vishal Ganore
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Generate the report file using first step (in surface report definition, activate report file and report plot, make sure you add def file under selected report definition). Step 2 is to explore report plot.

• buidinhanh
      Subscriber

thank you, sir

• esha
      Subscriber

Hi,

Generate the report file using first step (in surface report definition, activate report file and report plot, make sure you add def file under selected report definition). Step 2 is to explore report plot.

Hi, I  want to attach batch my fluent  case to get drag and lift coefficient but in new version by this I can not put any path. and cluster does not create a local file. while using the feature of old version I do not need to give any path. If you have solution please let me know how may I get data for Cd and Cl from clutser? 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.