Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS 18.2 STUDENT setup.exe does not respond

• OGUZHANOGUZ
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have downloaded Student 18.2 . My OS is Win 7 Pro. However, setup.exe does not respond. Wheel turns then disappears.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Can you make sure that your username does not have any special characters like "?" etc. or spaces?

If that doesn't work try a reset of Windows Update components as suggested in this article

Regards,
      Sandeep

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi OGUZHANOGUZ,

Aside from Sandeep's suggestion.

If you keep monitoring the Task Manager (from when you start running setup.exe to when the wheel disappears) , does setup.exe show up at all at some point ? If it doesn't show at all, it might be worth to try temporarily disable any kind of antivirus or security software on the machine. Or you can try installing the software while you are on the Windows safe-mode.

You can also try silent install too. Open elevated CMD Prompt (right click on CMD Prompt icon, then 'run as administrator') . Change your directory to the unzipped installation package folder, then issue the following command

setup.exe -silent 

Thank you,

Win

• OGUZHANOGUZ
      Subscriber

Hi,

I managed to run setup.exe but with some errors during installation. Now after installation when I run Workbench the fatal error appears as in the attached pic.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi OGUZHANOGUZ,

What is the error during the installation ? Please post the content of the 'install.err' file under (default installation location) C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student

Then for the 'graphscene' issue, you might also try resolutions from here

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/installation-problem-in-workbench-19-2/

Thanks,

Win

• OGUZHANOGUZ
      Subscriber

After I changed pc user  name with English characters it worked finally. Thank you for your great support.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi OGUZHANOGUZ,

That's great ! Thank you for the update.

Could you mark the post as 'Is Solution' , so that we know this thread has a resolution and is closed ?

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.