Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

ANSYS 19.1: Can not link the geometry

• Honore
      Subscriber

Hi people,

I've just started using Ansys 19.1 ; My geometry is made with DesignModeler; now when trying to activate the model, i have that problem: Error: Geometry is not attached as you can see on the picture:Plugin Error Geometry not attached

Please help me find a solution.

Thanks very much.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Honore,

The resolution of the image is automatically scaled down on here. So, it's difficult to read the error message. Could you attach the image instead ?

If you create a brand new geometry from this Workbench/DesignModeler session, do you get the same error ?

Thank you,

Win

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

You can use this tip to retrieve the full resolution image.

Google Translate gives me this:

Failed to update the Model component in Static Structure. Unable to cache geometry file. Cannot link geometry.

Regards,

Peter

• Honore
      Subscriber

Hello Win,

I didn't get the same error when i was creating a new model; I've just resolved my problem .

I think it was due to a wrong step when trying to define the type of analysis on my project schematic.

thanks anyway for your help,

Honore

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Peter,

Thank you ! That's a great tip !

Regards,

Win

Hi Honore,

Can you try another working/project directory and see if you still have the same issue ? 

I would also like to know if you see this error with brand new geometry created by DesignModeler on the current Workbench session.

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.