September 19, 2018 at 3:15 pmasimghalibSubscriber
Currently, I am running a characteristic mode simulation for a mobile geometry at 2 GHz. The machine has a RAM of 64 GB and is having Intel Xeon Processor. The mesh settings were left default. The simulation started successfully but during the simulation, I encountered the following error. "Out of memory" and the simulation stopped. This error shall not happen as I have enough space at RAM and then at the hard drive. To encounter this problem I reduced the mesh density to the least and then the simulation ended successfully. What about the credibility of these results at such reduced mesh density?
Now I am running the CMA analysis of the same geometry at 30 GHz, for the only one frequency point, adaptive passes disabled, mesh density reduced to the minimum but the simulation is running for more than 3 days and then crashes automatically. Is there a problem with the latest updated ANSYS 19.1? or am I doing something wrong? I need feedback.
September 19, 2018 at 10:03 pmasamaiyarSubscriber
How are you doing CMA on HFSS? Eigenmode analysis?
September 20, 2018 at 12:15 amasimghalibSubscriber
HFSS has now CMA feature available
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.