October 16, 2018 at 8:54 pmConnorMcGladeSubscriber
I have a timber frame shear wall, currently running this test to correlate to experimental testing. The simulation involves applying a 'racking' force to the upper corner of the wall panel, while the bottom of the panel is rigidly fixed to the ground. I want to know the force and displacement values for the panel. I have created beams to simulate the fixings between the sheathing and the frame along the top.
I keep getting this error 'You have specified result time(or frequency) = 4 for a result file which has maximum time(or frequency) = 2. If you specify 0(ZERO), the solution for final time will be displayed.' How can I fix this?
I now want to create the fixings along the length of the panel there are quite a few of these so I was what the best way to do this is?
I also have several other panels I want to run simulations with that will vary the fixing pacing and the stud spacings. How should I go about wanting to run this simulation with essentially different geometries? Is there a quick way of for example importing a new geometric model int the simulation?
October 17, 2018 at 2:50 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
A simple way to fix the error is to delete all the results and define all new results. You can do that without losing the solution. I will consider the other questions in another post.
October 24, 2018 at 6:42 amConnorMcGladeSubscriber
Thanks for that!
November 14, 2018 at 3:05 pmConnorMcGladeSubscriber
Any luck with this?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.