Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys 19.2 EM Uninstaller Wont Run

• rmadams
      Subscriber
      Trying to run the uninstaller (have tried via script and manually) and get a message that it detects that the uninstaller is already running. I have restarted with the same result and also tried several computers.nnAnyone else run into this?n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Array How did you try to uninstall? Did you use Windows -> Programs and Features, or did you try running the files from C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\Uninstall ?n
    • rmadams
      Subscriber
      I am running from C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\Uninstall. The goal is to send a script to uninstall remotely, but I have tried running the uninstaller manually from this folder as well.  n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Can you try:n C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM19.2\Win64\Uninstall\setup.exe /runfromtemp /z suppressconfirmation /removeonlyn
    • rmadams
      Subscriber
      Hi,nThat is what we are using - we have tried with and without the /runfromtemp. Still getting the message that it detects that the uninstaller is already running. This happens after rebooting as well (and we just run the uninstaller by hand).nnThanks!n
    • Randy Kosarik
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,If you look in Windows task manager -> Details tab. Do you see a setup.exe process running?nIn Windows Add/Remove Programs, is ANSYS Electronics Suite 19.2 listed?nPlease confirm, the exact message being displayed.nn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.