Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys 19.2: NoRunSolverFunctionMatches

• rainwadj
      Subscriber

When trying to run a simulation in Ansys 19.2, we're getting the attached error.  Any idea why this is happening?

• rainwadj
      Subscriber

Any ideas on this?

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi rainwadj

Please explain, in detail, the workflow you followed that led to this traceback.  Which Ansys product are you using?  If Workbench Mechanical which solver?  What is the OS of the computer and is it supported?

Mike

• rainwadj
      Subscriber

The system is running CentOS 7.9.  The researcher who reported this error says:

"This error occurred when attempting to run v19.2 Ansys Mechanical with Workbench. My Workbench project consists of a single Static Structural analysis system. Everything is configured correctly (e.g., valid Geometry, Mesh, boundary conditions, etc) in the system. However, if I attempt to 'Update' the Solution cell of the system in the project schematic OR open the Mechanical application itself and solve there, Workbench reports an 'error updating the Solution cell' and several messages are given (error updating, check solution output, etc). However, there is no error reported in the solution output file. Only the aforementioned error in the terminal appears. I hope this helps."

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

That is probably way too different of a CentOS version for WB version 19.2.  Back when 19.2 came out CentOS 7.2-7.4 were supported.  See here if you need to "prove" the point: https://www.ansys.com/content/dam/it-solutions/platform-support/previous-releases/platform-support-by-application-192.pdf

Can they update the version of Ansys they are using?  Or roll back to an earlier, supported OS version?
      MIke

• rainwadj
      Subscriber

I have another thread open here regarding version 22.2.  If we could get that resolved, then they wouldn't have a need for 19.2 anymore.

• rainwadj
      Subscriber

Any more ideas on this?

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi rainwadj

We can try the following; in Workbench select Tools -> Options; in the Options window select Mechanical on the left.  Is “Enable Legacy Solve
       an option with a check box?  If so check it on.  If not select Appearance in on the upper left (in the Options window) then scroll down and turn on beta options.  Ok out of the Options.  Then open it (Tools -> Options) again and go the Mechanical on the left – now is ‘Enable Legacy Solve’ available?  If so check on and ok your way out.  Now try the solve and post what happens either way.

Mike

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.