Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys 19.2 Silent Uninstall

• jimguffw
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am working on a script to silently uninstall Ansys 19.2. With our install and uninstall scripts we prefer to have no user interaction. When I use the arguments given in the Registry Editor uninstall string, a progress bar appears; we do not want this to show up. Are there any arguments that would make it uninstall totally silently? Here are the arguments we have already used: "-runfromtemp -10x0490 -removeonly", "S", "s", "-Silent", "-silent", "-uninst", "-removeonly -qn". Any information would be appreciated. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hmm, you shouldn't see any progress bar if you run

"%awp_root1##%uninstall.exe" -silent

Can you take a screenshot of the progress bar that you see when you ran above command ?

• jimguffw
      Subscriber

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Ah, I see. 

Didn't realize you were talking about AnsysEM.

In this case, you can try

"C:Program FilesAnsysEMAnsysEM19.4Win64Uninstallsetup.exe"  /z  suppressconfirmation /removeonly

if you run into issue with above command try

copy

"C:Program FilesAnsysEMAnsysEM19.4Win64Uninstall"

to

"C:Program FilesAnsysEMUninstallANSYS Electromagnetics Suite 19.4 (64-bit)" 

then run:

"C:Program FilesAnsysEMUninstallANSYS Electromagnetics Suite 19.4 (64-bit)setup.exe" /z suppressconfirmation /removeonly.

• jimguffw
      Subscriber

We just tried out both options neither of them worked. Do you have any other suggestions? I should also note that we build the packages on an VM.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Please try the following command:

"C:Program FilesAnsysEMAnsysEM19.4Win64Uninstallsetup.exe" /runfromtemp /z suppressconfirmation /removeonly

(Change to the correct version directory)

Thank You,

Geo

• jimguffw
      Subscriber

I gave it a shot. The progress bar still popped up. Do you have any other suggestions? For our uninstallers we do not want any progress bar to show up.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You may have to record a response file of uninstallation on one machine using

"C:Program FilesAnsysEMAnsysEM19.4Win64Uninstallsetup.exe" -r -f1""

then, use that response file on any other machines for silent uninstall using the following command (note you will have to adjust installed path in the response file if they are not the same on other machines)

setup.exe -s -f1"" -f2""

Notice that there is no space between f1 and its corresponding file path. The same for f2.

Thanks,

Win

• jimguffw
      Subscriber

Sorry for the delay. I tried the above suggestion and it worked. Thank you for all your help.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

That's great ! Glad it works for you.

Could you mark this thread as 'resolved' ('Is Solution') , so we know it's been addressed ?

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.