General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Ansys 19 mesh generation did not complete

• aniket287
      Subscriber

Hi, I installed Ansys 19 and imported a simple CAD .stl( a simple slab) part into ansys static structural workbench. However, no matter what I try, I am unable to mesh my CAD. The problem is exctly what is mentioned in :  

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/ansys-19-0-will-not-create-mesh/   

Could you please help me out of this problem? Hoping for a positive reply

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi aniket, when you say you imported a simple CAD .stl file, that sounds like the STL file format that CAD programs export to send parts to an Additive Manufacturing machine. Those are facets of the surface of the solid model and are the worst way to share solid models between a CAD system and ANSYS.

What is the CAD program you used to construct the slab?  Can you export the solid as any of the following types: Parasolid, ACIS, or STEP?  Those are all much better at transferring solid model geometry between systems than STL files.  SpaceClaim can directly open many native CAD files, and it will also open those three neutral file formats as well.

The thread you mentioned used the SpaceClaim geometry editor to create solid models. I assume you want to use the CAD system you know and not learn SpaceClaim.

• aniket287
      Subscriber

Hello Peter,

thanks for the quick reply. I tried with the other file formats. But no matter what I try( I tried reinstalling the whole program once again as suggested in the other thread. I also tried installing it in another PC after downloading a fresh copy.) it just seems not to work. Strangely everything worked fine when I uninstalled Ansys 19 and installed Ansys 18.2 from the official link. Ansys 18.2 is able to mesh files of all formats. But whenever I try with Ansys 19 the problem reappears.

For now, I can work with Ansys 18.2 however, but I would really like to work on the latest version and would like to know what is actually the problem.

Do let me( and the community know if you are able to solve it)

My system:

OS- Win 10 Home editon v- 1709 ,built 16299.371

Ram-16 GB , Graphics-Nvdia Geforce GTX 950 ,CPU-intel core i7 HQ 

Regards

Aniket

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Aniket,

Try installing the latest Graphics Adapter drivers to see if that helps 19.0.

ANSYS 19.1 will be released this quarter and may resolve your issue. 

Regards,

Peter

• aniket287
      Subscriber

Thank you Peter. I shall try that and meanwhile wait for the future release.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.