October 18, 2018 at 2:39 pmIbrahim_ElazabSubscriber
I have simply supported reinforced concrete beam, in the experimental results the deflection value in between 7 : 9 mm. In Ansys model the largest value 1.5 mm.
I don't know hwy the deflection value in ansys is very small???
October 18, 2018 at 5:39 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
ANSYS models idealize things like the supports and make them perfectly rigid.
How was the 7-9 mm deflection measured in the experiment? If one end of the measurement was the center of the beam were the load was applied, what was at the other end of the measurement to give you the 7-9 mm value? If there was a machine frame that was applying the load, it's possible that the beam was bending only 2 mm, but the machine frame holding the beam was deforming by 5 mm. It just depends on how the measurement was made whether the 5 mm machine frame was included in the measurement or not.
Another possibility is that the ANSYS model has mistakes in it that need correcting, or the values used for material properties need to be adjusted to match the material property used in the experiment.
Please change the Title of your post to Simply Supported Reinforced Concrete Beam which is more descriptive of this discussion than ANSYS which describes the entire site.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.