Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS 2019 R3 won’t open

• Sabrinam97
      Subscriber
      I am running ANSYS 2019 R3 on my university-owned PC. The software connects to the university server via VPN. I installed it, it was running fine, and then suddenly will no longer run. The software tries to open, but crashes before the user interface opens. The following error shows on the license manager center:nLicensing Interconnect: not runningnLicensing Interconnect Monitor: not runningnFlexNet Licensing: not runningnnI have done a clean uninstall and reinstall twice and it still does not run.nMy university IT department doesn't know how to resolve it.nHow could this problem be resolved?.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Have you stopped and re-started the licence manager? Use run as admin when you do this. Otherwise it's over to Arrayand the installation experts. Losing the VPN connection tends to cause the licence manager to fail: it's improved in 2021R1 as we also suffer the same issue whilst working from home. n
    • Sabrinam97
      Subscriber
      Hi, how do I stop and re-start the license manager? Please explain a bit more as I haven't tried this. I am currently connected to the VPN and it still doesn't open. n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      You do not need to run the license manager on your local machine as your VPN connection is your connection to the campus license server. Does it give you any error messages or popups of any kind?n
    • Sabrinam97
      Subscriber
      The only error I can find is the following:nLicensing Interconnect: not runningnLicensing Interconnect Monitor: not runningnFlexNet Licensing: not runningnWhen I tried to open the Server ANSLIC_ADMIN utility (run as administrator) I cannot do what this post How to: Fix ANSYS Workbench FLEXlm error | John Kaiser Calautit (wordpress.com) says. My PC does not have the option to stop and start the license manager that way. n
    • Sabrinam97
      Subscriber
      The admin utility gave the following error:nnMar 23, 2021 14:12: Attempting to reset the product order back to the original order...n The product order file was successfully reset to the order it had immediatelyn after installation.n NOTE: Either a reread of the license manager settings or a restart ofn the license manager is required before this change will go into effectn on the license manager.nn
    • Sabrinam97
      Subscriber
      I also see that my admin utility doesn't have the stop/start license manager option at all.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      You do not need to do any of that. You do not need to run the license manager on your local machine. There is no need for you to touch the License Management Center or Server ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility.nnWhat happens when you try running ANSYS Products?n
    • Sabrinam97
      Subscriber
      After I connect to the VPN and start Workbench, the ANSYS logo shows, and then crashes immediately. n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please send the text of your C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\ansyslmd.ini file. Can you also run the Windows command dxdiag and send the full exported data?n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.