Ansys Products

Ansys Products

ANSYS 2021 R1 OnDemand Crashing after setting up system coupling on HPC cluster

• SaraA
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have a user who is experiencing an issue with our ANSYS 2021 R1 OnDemand app on our HPC Cluster. When they set up system coupling it will crash and the allocated job will be killed, even if it has more time allotted from our job scheduler. Our OS is CentOS 7 and our job scheduler is Slurm. When we attempted to duplicate the issue ourselves, we experienced the same crash and captured the logs for it. For reference, it was allocated 8 cores and 256 GB of memory.

Is this particular error fatal? The gpus were set to 0 and we're wondering if gpu dependency is in a setting we're unaware of?

"{01/25/2022 17:12:36} [System.Exception:] Failed to initialize any rendering context, please ensure you have a supported graphics accelerator installed with ANSYS certified drivers or that you are using a supported remote display solution"

• SaraA
      Subscriber
      Here is the rest of the log for reference, I was unable to post the entirety as it exceeds the character limit.
    • RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      May I know if this is for a particular project or in general system coupling projects fail? Does it also occur while running software, for example, Fluent?
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.