March 30, 2022 at 11:53 amKieranHallSubscriber
I'm working with ANSYS ACP for the first time and am trying to do a simple static structural analysis.
The geometry I am using is a cube with 1m long sides. I made this in the CAD software Solid Edge as a surface body.
The issue I am having is that after the 'Setup' in ACP (Pre), the geometry gets distorted at the edges, see attached screenshot of the mesh as viewed in the Static Structural Module.
Note that when viewing the mesh in the ACP (Pre) Module, there is no distortion of geometry, this only occurs after the 'Setup' in ACP (Pre). In the screen shot you can see a blue outline of the geometry before it is distorted.
This effect is reduced when the number of layers of composite is reduced, or the geometry is enlarged.
Has anyone come across this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kieran 😊April 6, 2022 at 9:52 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if the following ACP tutorial helps you:
ANSYS ACP Tutorial - Bing video
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
Top Rated Tags