General Mechanical

General Mechanical

ANSYS Additive Science 19.1

• emmanuel_amoako_00
      Subscriber

Hello,
      Please I want to know whether  316L Stainless steel, titanium and aluminium are part of the materials that have been validated for thermal simulation in Ansys Additive Science because am doing a study on the shape and dimensions molten pool of these materials.

Regards,
      Emmanuel.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Emmanuel,

Additive Science, currently only has the following materials:

We plan on adding more materials later this year. So the database might extend to: In718, In625, Ti64, Al10SiMg, Al357, CoCr, 17-4PH, 316L.

Regards,

Sandeep

• emmanuel_amoako_00
      Subscriber

Thank you very much Sandeep for the quick response.

Regards,
      Emmanuel.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Emmanuel,

If a post answers your question (even if you figured it out yourself), please mark it as a solution so that someone might find it helpful in the future and can be reused in other posts easily when needed.

Regards,

Sandeep

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Emmanual,

I am not sure if you are aware of this but I just wanted to add that you can always customize a material that is close enough from the default list:

So here, I changed just the yield strength. Now you can do this for the material you want and use it in your Additive Science calculation. Note that not all parameters used behind the scenes are available but it could give you a nice first guess to build on:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sandeep

• emmanuel_amoako_00
      Subscriber

Hi Sandeep,

Please thank you very much for the information. I am aware of customizing your own material in Ansys Additive but can I use IN718 customized it and use the properties of 316L Stainless steel and will get results for the simulation based on Stainless Steel?

Regards,
      Emmanuel.

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Emmanuel,

I don't think it will be an exact or even a very accurate simulation as additive science has a lot of thermal properties that are not exposed to the user. But you can start by changing the major properties and use the results as a reasonable first guess.

Regards,

Sandeep

• emmanuel_amoako_00
      Subscriber

Hello Sandeep,

Okay,that is a good idea.Thank you very much you have been very helpful.

Regards,
      Emmanuel.

• EyobMessele
      Subscriber
      , nI have faced the same problem with you, did you get the solution of laser power encoding to the machine parameter setting?n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.