Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Ansys AIM 2019 R2 does not run after proper install Win10 – Error: Resolution…

• SkyFishTed3010
      Subscriber

Hi there,

I downloaded and installed Ansys AIM like described on the HP. Installation finishs properly. After hitting the launch icon "Discovery AIM"(linked to "runwb2.exe.") the program starts loading and after few seconds it stops with this error -> see upload.

Error Ansys AIM

Couldnt find anything similar in the existing discussions. Thats why I started this one.

Need help! Any ideas? Suggestions are very appreciated!

Thanks!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Could you provide the exact name of the installation package that you used ?

What is the OS version on the machine ?

Open CMD Prompt, then type

set

and post the output of it here.

Thanks,

Win

• SkyFishTed3010
      Subscriber

The package is "DISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64.zip"

set-Output:

Thanks,

Han

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Han,

Thank you for the info.

What if you rename your C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingansys   folder to anything else.

If that doesn't help,

Do you have any .err file in C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student folder ?

Does your username contain non-English letters, space, or special characters ?

Thanks,

Win

• SkyFishTed3010
      Subscriber

Hey Win,

@ "rename your C:UsersusernameAppDataRoamingansys   folder to anything else":  -> no effect

@ ".err file in C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student folder": -> no .err files there

@ "username":  -> username contains additional to English letters and numbers "-" and "_"

maybe the underscore is problematic?

Greetings,

Han

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Han,

Hmm, I'm not sure if either of them could cause the issue. Can you test this by creating a test Windows user account with only English letters and see if that works ?

Thanks,

Win

• SkyFishTed3010
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

created new account with english letters only. didnt load. error was the same, if I´m not wrong.

Something that I recognized and I was wondering about is the path of the Discovery-AIM-icon(see picture below), which is to be found in right-click->properties on the icon

It is:

"C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194FrameworkbinWin64runwb2.exe" --aim --license-mode=preference

Maybe this is some information of interest?!?

Greetings,

Han

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Han,

That's fine. Mine is the same. AIM is like a different mode of Workbench, so it still runs from runwb2.exe, just like Workbench.

Have you tried reinstalling this while turning off all of your security software (Firewall, Anti-virus, etc.) ? Please make sure you wiped out the entire ANSYS Inc folder before attempting to reinstall the software. Also, try launching AIM while those security software are off.

If that still doesn't help, could you post the content of your install.log (only from your latest install attempt is fine) ?

Thanks,

Win

• SkyFishTed3010
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

I allready deinstalled and installed it several times before. To wipe out the entire ANSYS related stuff it´s enough to delete the ANSYS Inc folder after uninstall is finished??

I know how to deactivate the 3rd party firewall and antivirus stuff. But I´m not sure if and how far the Windows Defender is involved in some of this activity?! I still have to figure that out!

I found out, that I can run the workbench. It looks like it´s working. But there are missing several modules! One question poped up in my mind: what is the AIM-thing actually doing? Do I need AIM in the end? I couldnt really understand from the website what it all has to do with the student AIM thing. I´m interested in magneto dynamics simulation: e.g. moving a magnet against a copper wire and measuring the eddie current in the copper wire. That´s the reason I wanted to try out ANSYS free trial version: to see if it is capable of doing this task!

But anyhow. As requested I attached the install.log file to the post! But unfortunately it´s in German! Hope you can use it anyway!?

Thanks,

Han

Attachment:

>>>

>
      Installation starten: Mon Sep 2 21:55:06 2019
      Revision: 2019 R2

Plattformdaten:
          Windows
      Benutzername des Installierers: DESKTOP-K14R699username
      Benutzer hat Administrator-Rechte
      C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp4536instcore.exe -usetempdir C:UsersusernameAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp4536 -launchdir D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64 -admin
      Anfängliches Bereitstellungsverzeichnis:
          D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64
      Installationsverzeichnis:
          C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student

Windows x64

Datumsprüfung ausgeführt...Es wurden keine Konflikte gefunden.

Systemprogramme werden vom Datenträger kopiert. Das kann ein paar Minuten dauern ...
      Voraussetzungen wurden erfolgreich vom Datenträger kopiert.

Sie müssen keine erforderlichen Komponenten installieren.

Inhalt des Installationsdatenträgers wird gelesen - bitte warten Sie.

Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64framewrkWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64instcoretclCOMMON.TGZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64instcoretclWINX64.TGZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64commonWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64commoninstallWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configscommonWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cpythextWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cpythnewWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64instutilINSTUTIL.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64instcoretclCOMMON.TGZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64instcoretclWINX64.TGZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64instcoretkCOMMON.TGZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64instcoretkWINX64.TGZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsclientlicensingWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configswbWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64sgchartsWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64fwgfxWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addinsWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addinsansoftWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64corewbWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cadscadaisolWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cadscadregistryWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64ekmWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addincfgekmWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64meshingWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64blademodelerWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64apipsrvWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64designmodelerWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64syscplgWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cfxcomonWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64rsmWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64secWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64ccmWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cadsacisparaWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64ansysWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64voxelWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsansysWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addincfgansysWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64solverWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64aasWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64dataDATA.GZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64apdlAPDL.GZ ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64geomparaWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addincfgmechWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64aviewWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsaviewWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64asimWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsasimWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64afdWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsafdWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64afdrunWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64polyflowWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configspolyflowWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addincfgpolyflowWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64electaimWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64electroWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64ecadxltrWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64spaceclmWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsspaceclmWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64icemwbWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cadsspatialiopWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cadsspatialWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64acpWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addinsacpWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsacpWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64hlphlpviewerHLPVIEWER.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configshelpWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64tpWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64tphdf5WINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64tpzlibWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64tpjreWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64chemkinWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configschemkinWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64forteWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addincfgforteWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsforteWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64aqwaWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64addincfgaqwaWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64configsaqwaWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64fluentcWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64fluentsWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64fluentpWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64fluent3ddpWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64cffWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64studentWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64licenseWINX64.7z ...
        Extraktion: D:DownloadsDISCOVERYAIMSTUDENT_2019R2_WINX64subsWINX64.7z ...
      RSS ist deaktiviert

Lizenzkonfiguration mit dem folgenden Kommando ausführen...
         "C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared Filesbinwinx64tclsh.exe" "C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensinglicadminscriptsLicAdminMain.itcl"  -silentinstallclient -release "2019 R2" -lang de

Lizenzkonfiguration abgeschlossen.

Configuring AIM ...

Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigAIM.exe
      Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigCommon.exe
      Creating Start menu items for ANSYS client licensing ...
      Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigWB.exe

Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194FrameworkbinWin64Ans.DriverSetup.exe
      Running "C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194RSMbinAnsConfigRSM.exe" -encodingUTF8

Konfiguriere RSM...

Standard-Ports für RSM und ARC werden konfiguriert für 2019 R2 ...

Fertig!

Benutzer hat Administrator-Berechtigungen

Startmenü-Verknüpfung für RSM 2019 R2 Konfiguration wird erstellt...

Verknüpfung C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsANSYS 2019 R2Remote Solve ManagerRSM Configuration 2019 R2.lnk wurde erstellt

Startmenü-Verknüpfung für RSM 2019 R2 Job-Überwachung wird erstellt...

Verknüpfung C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsANSYS 2019 R2Remote Solve ManagerRSM Job Monitoring 2019 R2.lnk wurde erstellt

Startmenü-Verknüpfung für RSM 2019 R2 Cluster Monitor wird erstellt...

Verknüpfung C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsANSYS 2019 R2Remote Solve ManagerRSM Cluster Monitoring 2019 R2.lnk wurde erstellt

Startmenü-Verknüpfung für ARC 2019 R2 Konfiguration wird erstellt...

Verknüpfung C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsANSYS 2019 R2Remote Solve ManagerARC Configuration 2019 R2.lnk wurde erstellt
      Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigANSYS.exe

Adding write permissions for Users and Administrators group ...
      Configuring ANSYS Viewer ...
      Configuring AIM ...

Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigAIM.exe
      Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigSpaceClaim.exe
      Configuring ACP ...

Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigACP.exe
      Configuring Help ...

Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigHelp.exe

ANSYS Internet Doc has been configured.
      Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigCHEMKIN.exe
      Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigFORTE.exe
      Running C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194commonfilesconfigswinx64configAnsConfigAQWA.exe
      Running "C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194aisol..commonfilesCADbinwinx64Ans.CadInt.CADConfigurationUtility.exe"

Log files is C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194CADConfigLogsLatestCADConfigurationMgr.log

MessageLogger.logFilePath is C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194CADConfigLogsLatestCADConfigurationMgr.log

ErrorLogger.errorFilePath is C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv194CADConfigLogsCADConfigurationMgr.err

Voraussetzungen ..... Erfolgreich konfiguriert

SCDM  Workbench  PlugIn ..... Erfolgreich konfiguriert

Dateiassoziationen wurden erfolgreich erstellt.

Die Installation ist abgeschlossen.: Mon Sep 2 22:025 2019
      <
      <<<
      Die Installation ist abgeschlossen..

Danke, dass Sie sich für ANSYS-Produkte entschieden haben!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Thank you for the log. Everything looks good. Since your Workbench works fine but not Discovery AIM, now I suspect issue may have something to do with graphics. But first, see my responses to your questions below, you may have to proceed in a different direction.

"To wipe out the entire ANSYS related stuff it´s enough to delete the ANSYS Inc folder after uninstall is finished??"

Answer: Yes

"I know how to deactivate the 3rd party firewall and antivirus stuff. But I´m not sure if and how far the Windows Defender is involved in some of this activity?! I still have to figure that out!"

Answer: You are right, typically when 3rd party security got disabled, the Windows Defender would fill in the spot (activated), you can check Windows Defender Console and make sure its Firewall and Virus and Threat Protection are off.

"what is the AIM-thing actually doing? Do I need AIM in the end? I couldnt really understand from the website what it all has to do with the student AIM thing. I´m interested in magneto dynamics simulation: e.g. moving a magnet against a copper wire and measuring the eddie current in the copper wire. That´s the reason I wanted to try out ANSYS free trial version: to see if it is capable of doing this task!"

Answer: This may be best answered by product support engineers but from what I understand, AIM is like a 'simplified' (more user friendly) interface version of Workbench intended to be used by designers. The simulation that you are trying to do very likely requires the use of one of our Electronics tools (especially, Maxwell ?) . Unfortunately, the ANSYS Electronics tools are not available in ANSYS Student version. I would recommend to create another thread in corresponding Physics simulation section and confirm/verify if you really need Electronics tools for this task. If you do need them, I would recommend to ask your department or school to see if they have any academic licenses for Electronics products. If not, you can ask them to reach out to a local ANSYS representative.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.