General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Ansys aim and workbench

• marikaza6
      Subscriber

Hello, I want to ask if it is possible to export my solution's geometry from ansys aim to workbench or a cad program. My  project is polymer extrusion through a nozzle and I need to know the diameter of the material that is coming out from nozzle.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I documented an approach to export Static Structural deformed shapes into a CAD system in this discussion.

Please reply if this works for your polymer extrusion.  If you want to share your model, I can try to export the shape also.

• marikaza6
      Subscriber

This is my whole study. And here is a photo of what I want to export.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Nice photo. You marked your post as "Is Solution" and this topic is shown as Solved. Does that mean you were successful exporting your deformed geometry to Mechanical or a CAD system?

• marikaza6
      Subscriber

No, I didn't find out how to export the deformed geometry yet to a CAD system. I tried doing your 15 steps method but my screen in project tab seems to be different (shown in screenshot below). Any ideas?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please use File, Archive and create a .wbpz file then use the Attach button to upload it to a post, then I can open it in my copy of AIM 19.0 and give it a try.

• marikaza6
      Subscriber

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9x33xm54y8d5e1/test.wbpz?dl=0 

This is the link to my wbpz file. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Marika,

I downloaded the archive. You should also be able to attach it to your post. Unfortuantely, when I restore the archive in AIM 19.0 I get an error message.

This is probably an ANSYS AIM bug that will be fixed in 19.1

Do you have a program to create file archives like Winzip or 7-zip?  If so, please zip the entire folder containing the project and put that in your dropbox. That should open for me without an issue.

• marikaza6
      Subscriber

My file is .rar here is the link.Thanks for your help. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbqzp8z4e06t8p0/test.rar?dl=0

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

HI Marika, I unzipped your rar file, but I got errors trying to open test.wbpj with AIM 19.0.

Does your AIM open this file?

Did you create the rar file after you exited AIM?

I will just have to create my own model. What do I need to do?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.