August 31, 2017 at 7:55 pmDm614Subscriber
I am trying to do some static simulations on a custom model of a drone gimbal.
When I try to import the geometry file, I receive an error stating that the geometry size is too large for the student edition. Therefore, I have been looking for a way to do smart element sizing. However, I cannot find the Preprocessor menu or any kind of documentation to do this for AIM. I do not know how to use the command scripts. Can anyone here help me out?
Also, is this problem common? I am surprised that my model exceeds the restriction, especially because I removed all the electrical components, and the drone gimbal itself is pretty small.
Cheers, and thank you in advance!
September 8, 2017 at 1:16 ampglAnsys Employee
The Student products have node, element and geometry limits. The geometry limits are 50 bodies and 300 Faces.
Can you share a screenshot of your geometry?
For the meshing in ANSYS AIM Student, take a look at the product documentation, there's a section on Setting Mesh Sizes to Optimize Performance that provides some very good advice.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.