August 1, 2018 at 2:51 amRezaAlaviSubscriber
I am a very recent user of Ansys AIM R17, and I just have been trying to run a very simple model on my laptop. The model was cube (10x10x2.5 mm3) with 6 holes in it. I have not been able to go anywhere further than meshing step, and I feel like the software freezes. My laptop is a Lenovo P50 with a i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.6 GHz processor and a 8 GB RAM. I was wondering if what I experience is normal, or there is something else being wrong here. I would appreciate your help!
August 1, 2018 at 5:09 pmdsurendrAnsys Employee
Could you please try a simpler model and see if you still have the freeze problem?
If you still see the issue, please check your graphics card and driver version. Here is a list of tested Graphics cards (latest)
Please make sure that you have the latest driver for your graphics card.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.