September 6, 2017 at 8:22 pmPeddySubscriber
as a mechanical engineering student I got the project to simulate the displacement and the stress in a shaft-hub connection while it is mounted via thermal adding. It means that the inital temperature of the shaft is about -4°F and the inital temperature of the hub is about 392°F. After pushing them together the temperatue of both parts is getting 68°F. Because of the thermal expansion the two parts stuck together.
Now to my question:
I can´t define the contact between shaft and hub properly. I did it with the contact manager where I picked the edge of shaft as target (line) and the edge of hub aus contact (line). I use PLANE42 as element type. After the solution is done, the result is like in the attachement: the hub penetrates the shaft....
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.