General Mechanical

General Mechanical

ANSYS AQWA: HOW TO FIND COG MOTION (6DOF), CALCULATION OF WIND,CURRENT COEFFIC

• Nasrul Hassan
      Subscriber

Hi here I have several related question regarding ansys aqwa,

1. after solving hydrodynamics motion response, where can i get node motion for 6dof.
      2. I need to input wind and current coefficent, but how do i key in, appreciate if you can clarify how to get the force coeffient and what formula used in aqwa? 
      3. Appreciate your kind support, refer attachement for details. Thanks!
    • Nasrul Hassan
      Subscriber

Also, how do i obtain g force in aqwa?

• Yu Bi
      Ansys Employee

Hi, regarding your questions:

1. you can define the node as a connection point of the structure (right-click on the structure/Part under the Geometry branch in the Outline tree > Add > Connection Point), and then in the Details panel of the Structure Motion result, change Reference Point to the Connection Point you define.
      2. To define the wind/current coefficient, right-click on the structure/Part under the Geometry branch in the Outline tree > Add > Wind/Current Force Coefficients. You can find wind and current forces are calculated in Aqwa Theory Manual Section 2.2, 2.3, 7.1.
      3. Aqwa provides gravity force, acceleration, joint reaction force, and fender forces results, which can help you calculate g force depending on how you model.

Hope this helps.

• Nasrul Hassan
      Subscriber

Dear Yu Bi, tahnks for the clarification, does this will be reporting in LIS file as well? Under what section

• Yu Bi
      Ansys Employee

The nodal motion will be reported in the LIS file if you select Yes to the Include in Results option in the detail panel of the connection point. It is usually in the last part of LIS file within each step time history results.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.